The National League is responsible for operating annual football league competitions for the fifth and sixth tiers of English football on behalf of its 68 member clubs: Vanarama National League, Vanarama National League North and Vanarama National League South.
Competitions & Events Assistant
The National League requires a new member of staff to join the executive staff team at its Headquarters in central Birmingham. The successful applicant will assist in the administration of National League competitions and associated events, and be eager to learn and contribute to the continual improvement of The League’s operations.
Based at: The National League Head Office, 4th Floor, Waterloo House, 20 Waterloo Street, Birmingham, B2 5TB.
Contract: Full-time (35 hours) permanent position, subject to a probationary period.
Job duties to include:
- Assist the administration of National League competitions, including handling correspondence, processing team sheets, answering telephone and email inquiries.
- Work as part of the events team for the Wembley Promotion Final and for General Meetings.
- Assist with surveys of member clubs and production of the annual Handbook.
- Maintain databases, computer and hard copy files and records.
- Support and assist senior members of staff with administrative tasks as required.
Previous experience of working in an office environment and/or an events team will be advantageous. Proficient user knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Excel and Word is essential.
Some flexibility to work out of normal office hours and away from Birmingham will be required.
To apply, please email an application letter and CV for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 7th March 2016.