Vanarama National League South
shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Weston super Mare v Harrow Borough

Weston super Mare 1 - 1 Harrow Borough
29 Oct 2019 - 19:45The Optima Stadium

A George Moore free-kick two minutes from time saw Harrow take a point away from The Optima Stadium.

Weston started the brighter side when James Waite’s shot after weaving his way into the box was pushed away by Hafed Al-Droubi, and George Dowling’s 25-yard shot was deflected on its way through to the visiting keeper. Pearce’s mazy run through the defence ended with the attacking midfielder dragging his shot into Al-Droubi’s arms.

Pearce blazed over on his left foot after latching onto a loose ball outside the Harrow box, while Aaron Parsons had a header from a Dowling cross cleared off the line. Joel Randall rippled the side netting on his weaker left foot when Waite’s low cross came all the way through to him on the far side of the box.

Scott Laird had his first sight of goal when he controlled a Randall pass 25 yards out, but blazed over the crossbar.

Weston broke the deadlock four minutes later though when Laird’s pass through a gap to Randall allowed the winger to beat the last man’s challenge. Driving into the box, the winger cut onto his right foot and his shot inside the near post beat Al-Droubi and put Weston ahead.

On the stroke of half-time, Moore had Harrow’s first attempt of the half, but his 25-yard effort flew over the bar and didn’t trouble Luke Purnell.

After half-time, Moore drove a 25-yard attempt wide for Harrow, before Pearce’s shot from the edge of the area was held by Al-Droubi. Anthony O’Connor then dragged a shot wide from 18 yards as Harrow looked for an equaliser.

Moore fired wide of the target from 20 yards after turning Laird, while George Dowling had an attempt from outside the area fly wide of goal. Laird then had a 20-yard free-kick deflect through to Al-Droubi.

Michael Bryan then had a shot deflected wide for Harrow, with Jordan Ireland then proceeding to crack a shot off the crossbar after turning 18 yards out from the Weston clearance. Jake Mawford then had a rare chance as he broke forward from the back, cutting onto his left foot from a Laird pass and his shot towards the near post being pushed out for a corner by Al-Droubi.

Moore had two attempts from a free-kick as time ticked on, his first shot being blocked by the wall with the Harrow No.10 then driving wide the rebound.

The midfielder wasn’t to be denied a third time though, curling a set piece in from 20 yards after Charlie Madden had fouled O’Connor to draw Harrow level right at the death

Seagulls debutant Brandon Barnes had the final chance of the night, but he dragged his shot from 18 yards wide of the goal following an Owen Howe knock-down.

FT: Weston 1-1 Harrow (Randall 41 – Moore 88)

Weston XI: Purnell, Mawford, Laird, Madden, Parsons, Tindle (C), Randall, Dowling, Howe, Waite (Barnes 89), Pearce (Hendy 76). Unused substitutes: Maher, Davies, Jones.

MOTM: Joel Randall