Weston General Hospital aim to raise £400,000 to refurbish the X-Ray department and for new scanning equipment which will greatly improve the service they deliver to thousands of patients we see each year
Adding new digital scanning equipment is a much-needed resource that will provide a huge range of benefits to patients, including:
- Dramatically cutting down on waiting times and travel
- Greater privacy through the separation of outpatient/inpatients
- Enabling us to offer an ‘open access’ walk in service for GP’s referrals, with no appointment necessary. Patients of all ages, but in particular the elderly, will benefit as they would be able to come for their examinations when it is convenient for them (between 9-5pm)
- Adding a new waiting area and increased patient provision
- Allow us to diagnose conditions more quickly and improve our overall service, hopefully leading to better health outcomes for our patients.
Weston-super-Mare FC wish to support this appeal and have kindly agreed to host some volunteers who will be making a collection in the ground on Saturday.